Founded in 1952 as Caustons Angling Club, part of the social club at Sir Joseph Causton and Sons Limited which were the printing works in Eastleigh. Their first water was the pond at Cranbury Park, which the club still enjoys today.
Since that time EADAC has sought to provide a wide and varied range of waters, offering excellent sport for all types of freshwater angler, from beginners, to specimen hunters.
We were one of the first club’s to realise that we needed to own our own waters and in the early 1970’s bought a plot of land and subsequently developed it into Peewit Lake at Winnall, Winchester.
Following on from the mid 70's the club changed its name to Eastleigh and District Angling Club.
At this time it also bought the 2 lakes and pond at Stoneham Lane, part of a large estate which had been landscaped by Capability Brown. The club extensively renovated the lakes in the 1980s.
In 1993 Smiths Pond, part of the original Stoneham estate, was purchased and in 2001 it was refurbished with the aid of a Lottery grant from Sport England.
In 2002 the club merged with Winchester Angling Club when the Itchen River, Kingham and Judges Lakes were put up for sale by the land owner and bought by the club, to subsequently form the Winnall Moors fishery along with Peewit Lake.
Together with the above venues the club also leases stretches of the Avon, Kennet and Itchen rivers along with 4 other lakes, the match complex at Witherington Farm and has the use of 3 commercial fisheries in the area, plus exchange book arrangements with other clubs in the area.
Welcome to Eastleigh & District Angling Club